Monday, November 16, 2009

What's the difference between Pilates and Yoga?

What%26#039;s the difference between Pilate%26#039;s and Yoga? I practice Pilate%26#039;s one in a while when I am stressed or when my body is in pain :/. Yoga seems to be similar but what%26#039;s the difference.





Also which one is your favorite and are any good DVDs you would recommend to do at home?|||Pilates focuses on core strength; making the core body muscles (such as the psoas) stronger. it is more %26quot;exercise-like%26quot; than yoga with repetitions. There is usually not a strong mediative component. Pilates will get you in shape and make you strong in a good way - not the surface way like aerobics.





Yoga is more about body awareness. It has a meditative component and is much much older. Yoga will change your life and who you are permanently for the better.





I recommend dunya (dianne mcpherson) yoga DVDs.


you can buy three of her yoga DVDS at www.dancemeditation.org


she is my teacher and it changed my life for the better.|||Pilates is more of a series of little exercises to tone muscles. I have not tried yoga. I bought the Windsor Pilates power sculpt and abs. It is good. I always thought


yoga was more stretching and endurance. I would like to know about yoga also.|||pilates is to loosen muscles and tone them...yoga is used as a stress relief...football players do pilates in the offseason to stay loose|||i think yoga is more calming u no for the sole|||Pilates is more of a physical workout... yoga is more of a workout of the mind and soul

No comments:

Post a Comment