Monday, November 16, 2009

How do I keep my tailbone from hurting during certain yoga poses?

I just started yoga, but whenever I try to roll up or down, or anything involving my bum on the ground, my tailbone digs into the ground and is very painful. Am I missing something?? I am definitely not bony.... I%26#039;m a good size 12.|||Try making a softer surface, maybe 2 mats or a mat on a blanket. If that doesn%26#039;t work, then don%26#039;t roll.





How many poses involve doing that? I%26#039;ve been taking yoga for a few years and can only think of a couple moves that might hurt that way and they%26#039;re not really yoga positions, just transitions.





Ask your instructor for alternate ways of doing the asanas that hurt or just do something else for those moments.





Our yoga practice is done in a manner that is respectful to our body. You shouldn%26#039;t try to push past your limits. In the end you%26#039;ll get more benefit out of a gentle practice than one that leaves you sore the next day.|||Try sitting on a towel or even a pillow that is not too big. It will give just that bit of cushion for your tailbone so it shouldn%26#039;t hurt so much. Also you can ask your instructor as well.|||Use yoga mat. Doing yoga without proper yoga mat may hurt your back.





http://yoga.thewikiz.com|||Are you using a mat? That happened to me, on hard and even some carpeted floors! If you buy a yoga mat you should be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment