Saturday, November 14, 2009

What type of routine should I use to teach children yoga?

I was asked today to conduct a short (15 minute) yoga session for a girl scouts troupe in two weeks. The girls are 6 years old. I have a basic knowledge of yoga, and I practice about once a week, but I want to know how to make it A) structured B) easy and C) FUN! any tips?|||I took a yoga class before, and I forget all the proper terminology and all....but I would have them do poses that can be related to animals in some way. They seem to be the easiest, and you can tie the %26quot;animal%26quot; thing into how animals are part of nature, and yoga connects you to nature, and so on. Once they know a few animal poses, maybe you can have each girl call out an animal pose that they%26#039;ve learned and see how quickly they can get into the right position. Then, maybe the girls can make up their own positions based on other animals -- kids love that sort of creative thing. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment