Saturday, May 15, 2010

What is the best way to clean a yoga mat? Preferably without dry cleaning...?

I am not sure of the best way to clean a yoga mat. The one I have has acquired a bit of nasty smells accordingly. I wonder if you can just soak it in mild soap and wring it out, or if that might mess it up ? (it is that weird tacky foam-type material)|||I clean mine with a mixture of white distilled vinegar and water. I fill the tub with warm water and add 1/2 cup vinegar to the water. Let it sit in the tub for about 30 minutes. Then I drain the water, rinse with warm water. Towel dry it a little and hang up to dry the rest of the way.





Vinegar is a great deodorizer and the vinegar smell dissipates as it dries.|||Just soak it in the bath tub with some hot water and liquid laundry detergent(a capful of bleach won%26#039;t hurt), rinse and hang to dry.|||you actually take a bucket of urine and wipe it down. this has essential ingredients and is free. after wiping it down with the urine, wipe it down with vinegar to remove the smell. I%26#039;ve done yoga for 12 years and I know this sounds ridiculous but it really does work.|||Soaking it in the tub with some gentle cleaner is great (I don%26#039;t recommend bleach, unless you want a spotted mat), if you are prepared to wait for it to drip dry in 3 days. If you are, the gentle cycle on your washer is an option too.





If can%26#039;t wait for it to dry that long, try just wiping it down with a moist (not wet) rag with either vinegar or cleaner on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment