Saturday, May 15, 2010

Is there a book that explains yoga completely?

I%26#039;m looking for a book that covers all the different aspects of yoga as well as all the types of yoga. I just started doing what I think is called Astanga yoga. I am so confused though because there are so many different words to remember and different types of yoga (ie. plasha yoga, asana, and I can%26#039;t remember all the rest). I want something like an encyclopedia of yoga, so that I can learn about the philosophy, the types of yoga, the meanings of all the words, the history, the poses, the mantras, etc. I don%26#039;t want a book that focuses on just one type of yoga or on just one aspect of yoga. There are plenty of those. It%26#039;s like a wild goose chase trying to find the essential stuff to read. Is there a book that covers all of the yogas?|||There will never be a book that completely explains yoga because it has such a long history. I do use two books, as a beginner, that I highly recommend since they cover a ton of poses and series which can be incorporated into your ashtanga yoga program.








The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga


The Sivananda Companion to Yoga: A Complete Guide to the Physical Postures, Breathing Exercises, Diet, Relaxation, and Meditation Techniques of Yoga





You can buy them both together on Amazon.com for about $24 and they%26#039;re really extensive for a beginner|||The book that does exactly what you%26#039;re asking for is called The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice. It%26#039;s by George Feuerstein. Hohm Press, 2001. ISBN 1890772186.





However, even though this is what you%26#039;re asking for, I think it may be quite daunting for a beginner. Instead of looking for one book that has absolutely everything (which the above title comes close to doing), maybe you should consider reading a beginner%26#039;s book that deals with basic questions in an accessible way. It happens that Georg Feuerstein has written that book as well. It%26#039;s called Yoga for Dummies (written with Larry Payne). Published in 1999. ISBN 0764551175.





These aren%26#039;t your only options, but they are worth trying.|||Well, I wudn%26#039;t call it a wild goose chase


There are many books that cover all yoga





My personal recommendation is %26#039;Yoga Health Secrets%26#039;





It is an ebook and it is very good





Here is the link


http://sanjay0828.acagma.hop.clickbank.n...

No comments:

Post a Comment