Saturday, May 15, 2010

Does Yoga constitute as a full excercise program to help become fit?

Is doing yoga alone enough to burn calories, and make you just generally fit? I%26#039;m not looking to build muscle, build tone, lose weight, or anything in particular. I just want to be FIT and HEALTHY. Would yoga be enough to make someone fit and healthy?





I often walk and ride my bike, but not often or consistently enough to count as %26#039;excercise%26#039; but I feel yoga is something I could incorporate into my life. But would it help?|||Being fit and healthy is multi-dimensional. There are four things you need to consider when getting fit--muscular strength and endurance, cardiovascular endurance, flexibility and body composition (or body fat ratio). And no, I don%26#039;t believe that one form of exercise can help you achieve balance in all four categories. Now, that doesn%26#039;t mean that Yoga won%26#039;t give you what you want--but if you are looking for general well-rounded good health, you may want to incorporate all four areas into your exercise program and lifestyle. Now, you do not need to be an athlete to be healthy.





If you have specific questions about your workout routine, please feel free to contact me via our website:





http://www.workoutsondemand.com


Pascale Vandenbroucke|||I would say yes. If you were looking to lose weight, I%26#039;d also suggest a cardio workout, but if you%26#039;re just looking for fitness and tone, then yoga is fantastic. I%26#039;ve seen people%26#039;s bodies change and look leaner and longer while doing yoga alone.|||I consider it sufficient exercise for me!!





Any movement is considered %26quot;exercise%26quot;!!! Housework such as washing the dishes, vacuuming, yard work, anything you do is exercise. Don%26#039;t ever make the mistake of thinking you need to be in an organized sport, join a gym, or whatever for it to be %26quot;exercise%26quot;!





Yes!! Yoga works wonders by stretching muscles you never thought you might even have. And stretching the muscles even slowly is burning calories. It keeps the bod supple and moving correctly. You might also consider tai chi. It does the same thing!|||Yeah! it keeps you in shape. I have been in yoga for a few years now. And I only weigh 102 pounds. But i do eat pretty healthy just because i am in med school and found out what is really bad and what is pretty goos for you. I would say htat thats enough to burn calories, and be a healthy person

No comments:

Post a Comment